Thursday, January 3, 2013

Primal Turkey Hash

I still have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving in the freezer, so I decided to bring it down this week for some primal comfort food yumminess. I adapted this to suit what I had on hand, and come to think of it everything in this recipe was a leftover of some sort that I had on hand.  It was so wonderfully perfect for this cold winter day.


Here's what I had:


  • 2 tbsp olive oil 
  • 1 onion, sliced 
  • 1 1/4 cup of pumpkin mash 
  • 2 cups roasted carrots (leftovers from last night) 
  • 1 cup of chicken stock 
  • 2 cups of shredded turkey pieces 
  • 1 tbsp oregano salt and pepper to taste
  • (opt.) I had some cabbage laying around, which I tossed in just before I added in the pumpkin mash.

Directions:


  1. Saute onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes, until clear.
  2. Add pumpkin mash, and leftover roasted carrots.  Cook for about 5 minutes (since they've already been cooked before)
  3. Add chicken stock, and simmer for 10 minutes.
  4. Add turkey and spices, simmer for another 10 minutes






 This Turkey Hash is an adaptation of a recipe from Elana's Pantry

No comments:

Post a Comment