Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Garlic Balsamic Vinaigrette

So simple to make, so yummy.  I think it's easy to have so many home made salad dressings to help keep your salads different every day.

Most recipes I found for balsamic vinaigrette have sugar, or honey.  I don't think it's necessary, after being primal for so long the sweet of balsamic vinegar is more than enough sweet this recipe needs.

You can easily double this recipe, I made this one for two adults for a week's worth.


  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2-3/4 cup oil of choice (try sesame, garlic, or olive oil)
  • 1 tbsp of dried basil, or a handful of fresh basil
  • 2 cloves of garlic, or 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp of dried chili powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt


Put all the ingredients in a jar or bottle, and shake before using.  I don't refrigerate this because it makes the oil weird, so I only make what I can use in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment