Monday, January 7, 2013

Food Journal -- Day 7

I went to bed last night with some pain in my legs...and groggily I laid in bed with my iphone and googled leg pain - ketosis.  What I found is that I was sorta right.  I said before I thought it was sugar withdrawal, and I was kinda right.  So, don't take this as a professional opinion, because you know if it's on the internet then it must be true.  However, what I read last night says that in ketosis your body purposefully pulls all the water out of your muscles in search of sugar to use.  Which can also strip your body of potassium and electrolytes...and potentially lead to dehydration?

I know I've been thirsty, and drinking much more water...and the interwebs suggests that I lay off diuretics like coffee.  Fat chance.  The interwebs also say taking a potassium supplement may help, along with some beef jerky, because it's high in electrolytes.  Who knew?




Anyway...here's the stats for today.


Lost since last weigh in: 1
Total lost: 6
Pounds to goal: 22

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, and 2 cups of coffee with half and half
Lunch: Chicken leg, leftover lamb, and an apple (!!) with almond butter
Dinner: Shepherd's Pie sans crust

For snacks I ran to cashews or almonds.  My carb count is still pretty low, but probably not low enough for ketosis.  Without really counting things out, I would imagine I hover around the 100 mark.  Here's an image from Mark's Daily Apple to help you figure out where you should be.

Image Source: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/press/the-primal-blueprint-diagrams/#axzz2HO7fJlsC


No comments:

Post a Comment