Saturday, May 19, 2012

Made it to Maryland!

After three days of driving, and staying with friends and family across the country, I've finally made it to Maryland.  I'm a Virginia native myself, so this is almost a home coming for me.  I grew up on the Virginia side of the Chesapeake, and one of my fondest childhood memories was having blue crab with my family.

So last night, hubs and I found a restaurant only five minutes from our new home with crab.  It's actually very easy to find crab here, it's practically on every corner.  When you move from this area, you realize can't get blue crab anywhere else.  It's outrageously expensive to deliver crab to Colorado, and being as picky as I am...I probably would have been dissatisfied with it anyway.  So last night was an awesome feast, and no...I couldn't finish the pile.





On to different news, today my husband will begin his 21 day primal challenge.  If you're not familiar with what that is...click the link below to Mark Sisson's book.  This is how I got started on the primal diet. I will be joining the hubs on his challenge too.  It's never a bad idea to flip those switches again now and then.  I will try to keep a running log of what we eat, and any awesome recipes we come up with.  It will be a slow start I'm afraid.  We're still waiting on the movers to deliver our stuff...so most of our kitchen supplies haven't arrived yet.  We'll get it up and running soon though.


No comments:

Post a Comment