Sunday, May 20, 2012

Challenge Day 1

They say you can do anything for three weeks, right?  Well, yesterday was the first day for my husband to go primal.  I'm doing the 21 day challenge with him, however this isn't my first go.  I've been primal now for five months.

Today, he said his thoughts lingered on the things he cannot have.  The bread, donuts, etc.  He will get used to it, I know. :)

Here's what we ate today:


Breakfast we went out, since we still had no food in our house.  We had eggs and bacon, and home made sausage at a Mennonite Market.

We loaded up the kitchen after we ate, so we were able to cook lunch.  For lunch hubs had a chicken thigh, fried in butter and some raw carrots.  I wasn't hungry, so I didn't have a lunch.

Throughout the day, we also munched on roasted almonds when the urge for a snack hit.






For dinner, we had to get creative.  With limited spices (since they are en route from Colorado still), and limited cooking utensils we had a very simple dinner.  Chicken thighs, baked in butter, with mushrooms and garlic.  The only thing we added was a personal touch of salt and pepper. 

No excuses, right?  Don't have much?  You can still make it work.  We didn't want to wait until our things got here, we wanted to get the bad moods, and crappy feelings out of the way before he went back to work on Monday, and before our children arrived later this week.

I imagine our recipes and meal plans will get more creative as we actually have appliances and other things around the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment