Monday, May 21, 2012

Challenge Day 2

Today's challenge was definitely more difficult for the hubs.  We started the day with some scrambled eggs, then got to work on the lawn.  Having just moved in, the lawn had some serious catching up to do and we only got the front yard in good order.

For lunch, we met my parents (who I haven't seen for almost a year!!) and our kids at Don Pablo's.  It was so great to see my parents.  Having lived in Colorado for the last two years, it's been so hard for us to get time together.

I got a modified fajita for lunch.  I asked for the meat to be prepared gluten free, and told them to skip the rice and beans.  Since I'm supporting hubs in his first 21 days, I didn't eat the cheese or the sour cream on the dish either.  Lots of veggies, some guacamole, and meat.  Washed that down with unsweetened ice tea.

Hubs had a steak, with some shrimp on a skewer.  For a side he had grilled vegetables.  They did have corn bits mixed in with their vegetables, but he picked them out.


For dinner, we're still bare bones in the kitchen.  We had organic grass fed rib eyes, with fried cauliflower, mushrooms, and garlic.

It was simple, and super yum...and look, we have plates now.  We're still just using simple ingredients, butter...garlic.  We don't have spices, so I don't have any fabulous recipes to woo you with.  Just simple.

All and all, hubs had a rough day.  He was thinking of cake, and sugar, and ice cream.  We went to the grocery store, and he drooled over peanut butter.  I think it's just normal withdrawal and getting used to having restrictions.  He's also having minor headaches from caffeine withdrawal.  I don't think he's seen the end of it yet.  I think day three will be harder, but hopefully after that things will start to taper off.

Moving trucks arrive tomorrow.  Cooking supplies will hopefully be unpacked soon, and we can get more creative in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment