Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Challenge Day 3

Quick update!  Challenge is going well, and day 4 has shown some weightloss.  Let's move on to day 3 first!

Monday morning, and hubs had to get to work today.  He made himself a quick couple of eggs, paired with a few pieces of bacon that I had fried up for him the night before.  For lunch he went to Wegman's and made himself a salad.  He piled on the grilled chicken, on some lettuce.  Lots of raw veggies, topped with oil and vinegar.  He said it was a small salad, but a satisfying one.

I was dealing with the movers all day, and managed to only snack on dry roasted almonds until dinner.  It wasn't the ideal way to go, however fasting is a good thing.  I can't say this was a true fast, since I did munch on almonds, but it was definitely a lighter way to go.

For dinner, I modified one of my go-to recipes to fit our needs. Kayotic Kitchen's honey glazed chicken bacon bites are to die for just as she/he lays them out.  I tweaked it for Mike's stage of the diet, using less honey, and added some turmeric for an extra anti-inflammatory twist.  I'll be posting my version later.

There's just something about bacon making everything better.  Hubs loved this dinner (even though he doesn't like onions), and even said with more meals like this...he could see primal working for him.

Anyway, recipe later.  Neither one of us had any weightloss on the morning of day 3...but writing this on the morning of day 4, that's going to change. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment