Sunday, December 9, 2012

Menu Plan

Last week we forgot to list our menu plan, but we had one.  We went over budget too.  Man we suck at this.  We've extended our budget this week to $120 bucks.

The financial hits don't stop coming, seriously.  We had our oil topped off in our house this week.  That was $500!!  I had to get new glasses, that was $400 bucks!  Hubs car is now making noise, that will be who in GODS name knows how much but we just don't have it.  *sigh*

The kids are at grandma's until Tuesday, so the major meals we'll begin on Tuesday.  Also, chicken is on sale this week at the store, it's not organic, but this week...it will have to do.

Here's our dinner list:


Monday: Solo dinner for me, Rack of lamb (I know it sounds glamorous but seriously it's less than 1/4 a pound of meat.  It's been sitting in our fridge for a few months,  a freebie from our meat CSA we had over the summer.)

Tuesday: Chicken Pot Pie

Wednesday: Chicken Fajita Burritos

Thursday: Deer Stew

Friday: Italian Sausage and Spaghetti Squash

Saturday: Party at friend's house, yay!!

Sunday: Roast Chicken and Veggies


Recipes of note:  I found a Venison Bulgogi recipe that looks amazing, and I'd like to tweak it to make it primal. I haven't had Bulgogi in YEARS, but I love it. Traditionally it's served on lettuce, so I can swap out the buns...but I need to think on the rice and soy, see if I can sub something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment