Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Food Journal -- Day 1

Last night, I partied it up with some friends of mine.  I ate cheese, and had a few glasses of wine.  Even had some doritos.  Ugh.  I felt horrible when I woke up this morning, and I knew it was the food, not the wine that made me feel that way.  I weighed myself for the first time in a few weeks.  For the last few weeks, I let myself have as much hard cider and chips as I wanted. Ugh.  I payed for it.

I've gained 10lbs this holiday season.  I really did.  Granted..I'm still 40 pounds less than I was last year on this day.  I'm still winning the weight loss game.  My goal is to loose 30 pounds by the end of the year.  I know you want to know how much I weighed this morning.  I'll only write it because this blog gets next to no hits compared to my other.  Last year, January 1st, I weighed 209 pounds.  This morning it was 173.  I'm proud of that number, but not especially so since I hung around 163 pounds most of the second half of this year.

So that's where I start this year though....173 pounds, hoping to get to 145 pounds at some point.  If I get there, depending on how I look and feel, I may go for more...but baby steps.  Thirty pounds is a great goal, right?

So here's what I ate today:

Breakfast: Two cups of coffee with about a tbsp of half and half in each.
Lunch: One pork bratwurst with a side salad, with home made garlic balsamic vinaigrette.
Dinner: Chicken Quarters with roasted carrots, and a side salad.

For snacks I ran to almonds for crunchy, and made a scrambled egg for a mid afternoon snack.

There was a moment early in the afternoon I felt shaky.  I'm not exactly sure why, it was in between a few handfuls of almonds.  Other than that, I felt ok most of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment